This is a complete guide to Boost On-page SEO Techniques in 2021.
In this new guide you’ll learn:
- How to improve your blog structure
- How to optimize your URL
- How to boost your website speed
- Lots more
Let’s get started.
What is On-page SEO?
On-Page SEO is a technique of optimizing a website with access to it. It is the process of optimizing inside the page to get more ranking on google by improving user experience. It boosts our SERP Ranking.
Why is on-page SEO important?
- It Increases our rank on google
- It gives good experience to user
- It shows search engines that how you are providing valuable content to the user.
What is a good on-page SEO score?
Out of 100, 80 is a good score for On-Page SEO on you’re website. To check that score, Use Rank Math Plugin.
Is there any tool available for on-page SEO?
- Ahrefs – Keyword Planner
- Google Page Speed Insights or Gtmetrix – Check website speed
- Grammarly – Error free content
- Copyscape – plagiarism checker
Steps to boost On-page SEO Techniques:
1. Optimize Technical Factors
a. Domains& Hosting:
These are the first factor you have to check when you start your blog. For writing your blog you need a website. We need to buy a domain name for our blog and host that on the hosting server. It seems to be more technical but definitely not. I personally suggest to you the best domain and hosting service that I am using for more than a year. That is Hostinger. Hostinger is the best affordable web hosting provider, you should try.
b. HTTP Status Codes:
HTTP or HTTPS is the default protocol used to fetch HTML documents around the web. Without HTTPS data transfer is insecure. Https is considered as a direct ranking factor by Google. If your website is not having HTTPS, then google will never allow you to rank on top or even on the first page. For resolving this issue, Hostinger provides a free SSL certificate for a lifetime.
c. Schema.org Markup:
Schema markup is a standardized vocabulary. You can add it to your HTML sites so that search engines can easily understand your content and helps to index fast.
For this process, you can use a Free plugin Rank Math SEO, They have free templates for structure your content.
Steps to create the schema using Rank Math SEO for your WordPress website,
- Install Rank Math SEO plugin
- Sign in your free account in the rank math SEO plugin
- In this plugin, Goto titles & meta > posts > select schema type, you can change it later for every post
Your schema setup is finished. You can learn more about the options in the Rank math SEO blog
Robots.txt is a file it is created to show search engines which page is to crawl and which is not to crawl. That means you can tell search engines to crawl and index specific pages on your interest. Rank math SEO helps in these cases. Go to Rank math > General Settings > edit robots.txt. It is optional if you have not done anything wrong on your pages.
e. Robots Meta Directives
Robots meta directives or meta tags are a piece of code that shows crawlers how to crawl or index web content. Whereas robots.txt shows crawlers how to index web pages. you can learn more in Moz’s robots meta directives.
2. Optimize Page Titles
Page Titles is an HTML element that is used to specify the title of a web page. It is the title that is shown on the search engine results page. It is the most important and also one of the easiest on-page SEO techniques.
It is also seen at the top of your web browsers.
It is Shown by some social networks when you share the link.
How to optimize the page title?
- Your title length should be under 60 characters. There is no exact limit but is based on the character size you used. If you use ‘i’ due to its narrow width.
- Use power words like best, top, free, etc in the titles. Even though it is not a direct ranking factor but it helps to improve Click through rate. The Click-through rate increases the ranking of your page. you can use many characters but if you use ‘ w ’ it width is very high compared to ‘i’. You can check your Title demo using the Moz title preview tool.
- Use the main keyword in the title but don’t try to use repetition of keywords. Google will penalize your website.
- You have to use unique titles for every page. This problem may occur in e-commerce sites to list the same variety of products. Use some relevant titles or include brand name, size, or something like that. Avoid duplicate content.
3. Optimize Meta Description
Meta description is an HTML tag used to describe what is your page about. It was set by you on your page or post on your website. There is defined no character limit for the meta description. But, below 155 characters is good to go one.
Meta Description Optimization Steps:
- Use Active voice to tell about the page.
- Use Right Call to Action like Buy Now! Watch Now!
- Use Correct amount of characters that fits
- Use your main keyword
- Avoid Duplicate Content and make it unique
4. Optimize Page Content
Content is still one of Google’s most important ranking signals. Despite this, many marketers fail to create quality content. It is critical to generate material with a purpose. Search engine robots will choose highly optimized material over non-optimized information on a search engine page.
How to optimize page content:
- Use Good amount of keywords
- Don’t use high level english words
- Use short paragraphs and lists instead of longer ones
The <header>tag is used to specify the heading for a page or section in HTML Code. The header tag includes information about the content’s title and heading which is on your website.
How to Optimize Heading.
- Use Only One H1 tag , That shows the main title of the page
- Use Upto 3 H2 tag as a main sub heading
- Then use H3 to h6 tags for subheading depending on the answer.
6. Optimize Images and Multimedia Elements
Images are important for making your content more accessible, appealing, and engaging to visitors, but they are also vital for On-page SEO.
How to Optimize Image
- Compress the size of image manually by imagecompressor or using plugins
- Describe clearly with relevant title and alt text.
- Don’t use Stock images. Create your own.
- Add right size image for social snippet (1200 ✖ 630px )
7. URL Optimization
Url’s are the navigation link from your main domain to other pages that you are looking for. In On-Page SEO, URL is also a ranking factor for Google.
How to Optimize URL
- Use focus keyword in URL
- Try to use short type of URL as much as you can
- Avoid grammatical words im URL like in, is,of etc
- use Hypens(-) instead of Underscore(_)
- Use User readable URL
8. Optimize Links
It is the same as the URL but which is added inside your blog. In your post, You may have added some links for reference. That needs to be optimized.
How to Optimize Links in your post.
- Use only 3-5 internal links.
- Don’t use Click here, Learn now etc. kind of anchor text.
- Avoid Money keywords as a anchor text.
- Use Nofollow when it requires.
9. Optimize Website Speed
Even If you have very good master piece of content, if your website loading speed is very less than normal that will really affect your SEO Score. Google always pretend to give good quality content but also it watches how people interacts with your website and how many people bounces off. If your website loading is very slow, then lot of people bounces off. To avoid that, you have to optimize website speed.
How to optimize Website Speed
- Use Compressed Images.
- Use AMP Supported Websites.
- Delete Unused Codes.
- Choose Good hosting server like Hostinger.
- Reduce Redirects.
10. Engage With Audience
Google Loves users engagement with the websites by sharing, commenting to your website.
How to engage with audience
- Use social share plugins to help people share easily
- Allow comments and reply to them
11. Use Review Or FAQ Schema
If you are a local business or in a business of selling anything to people, then you actually have some amount of reviews in google my business. Google boosts On-Page SEO of a website if the website has good number of reviews. and also faq of your product or service increases a chance to get more traffic.
Use Elfsight to add Reviews from your google my business
Now its your turn
I hope you enjoyed my ultimate guide to On-Page SEO.
Now I’d like to hear from you:
which tip from today’s guide are you going to try first?
Are you going to use short URL?
Or maybe you want to try optimizing content
Either way, let me know by leaving a quick comment below.
If you want to learn more about SEO, Follow best SEO Blogs in 2021